Mental Health Clinician - School-Related Services (Remote - Work from home!)
Full-time, Remote (online), $85,000+ annual salary
Who we are
Daybreak Health is on a mission to create a world where every young person has access to high quality therapy. We are the first online clinic designed specifically for youth and schools. Our clinical approach includes individual counseling delivered digitally to young people by the best clinicians (you!). We are on the edge of innovation, and all of our tools are easy-to-use, secure, and HIPAA-compliant. Join us in creating the next wave of mental healthcare for young people!
Our School-Related Services Program offers remote counseling services for students, with an Individualized Education Program (IEP) in Special Education, who have social/emotional challenges that impact their access to education. As an ERMHS Counselor, your primary role will be to provide intensive individual, parent and/or family counseling for students. These services are designed to support students in managing their social/emotional challenges so that they can fully access and benefit from their education.
You will work closely with a licensed clinical supervisor who will provide guidance, support, training, and oversight as well as with a team of fellow clinicians.
Who you are
- You have a fiery passion for youth mental health
- You are comfortable with delivering care via technology (video, voice, messaging)
- Excited about helping create a school-based program at Daybreak and providing amazing care for students
- Comfortable with ambiguity and excel in a ’startup’ environment
- Must hold either LCSW, LMFT, LPCC, or Psychologist in California
- Have worked in an environment with youth for at least 2 years (e.g., school counselor, private practice)
- Experience in providing school-based services and knowledge of Special Education.
- Experience in working with diverse client populations and an understanding of complex family systems.
- Reliable internet connection
- Consistently meet with clients and caregivers to fulfill counseling and collateral services as listed on the IEP.
- Attend all IEP meetings (annual, triennial, and amendments).
- Collaborate with the IEP team (family, school staff, district personnel and service providers) to discuss progress, concerns, to modify IEP goals/treatment plan as needed, and to maintain consistency in interventions across environments.
- Develop and implement treatment plans with clear and clinically relevant goals that align with the social/emotional goals on the student’s IEP.
- Ensure that charting and documentation comply with agency, billing, and legal standards.
What Daybreak Provides
- Excellent Annual Salary - earn great income doing what you love. Earn $85-95K+ annually
- Work from Home - flexibility to work wherever you want!
- Comprehensive Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, generous PTO (2 weeks + 5 days sick/mental health days, 10 paid holidays)
- Daybreak stock: Daybreak ownership shares
- Training & Development with CEs: continue your learning as a therapist with the latest science and techniques - we do regular sponsored trainings with CEs
- Community & Consultations: join a community of like-minded clinicians - we all meet and share monthly consultations